Entries for Scotland Food & Drink Excellence Awards 2020 are now closed.
In 2019 we streamlined the categories, strengthened our judging panel and had a stronger focus on product making it our biggest and best Excellence Awards to date.
This year we have introduced a new online application system. This will allow you to easily enter multiple categories without the need to re-write answers. Using your unique login you can amend your entries right up until the 14 February deadline. This is also where you’ll be able to see the outcome of your entry and the judges feedback.
See all the categories, entry guidelines and our top tips below on how to use the new system.
Excellence Awards 2020 Categories
To make sure you give yourself the best chance of celebrating all that hard work and effort here are our top tips and rules for entry:
- Decide which categories you will enter from the list above
- Create your account here and start your entry
- Remember that for tasted categories the written application counts for 30% of your overall mark so do take your time
- Ensure you answer each section in full, with as much detail as possible
- Once you have completed your first entry you can use the “copy” button to copy over your company details for further entries. This can be found next to “start entry” on your homepage. Repeat this until you have finished all your entries.
- Business categories are free to enter and you will be asked to pay for tasted entries by credit or debit card. Applicable entries will not progress to the judging round unless they have been paid by 14 February deadline.
- Once submitted you will receive a PDF copy of each entry with a QR code at the side. Scan your QR code to amend your entry up until the deadline.
- Once completed, all tasted product entries will have a packing slip available for download. Download the slip, package up your entries and put the packing slip on the front with the QR code visible for scanning.
- If a product won a category in 2019 that product can not be entered into the same category in 2020. Any other products from the winning company can be entered, and the winning product can be entered into any other applicable categories
- The attendance of finalists at the awards ceremony on 10 September is a condition of entry. Two tickets at a discounted price will be made available to each finalist company
- In tasted categories entries will be accepted of individual products. No ranges will be accepted in a single entry
Business categories – Free
Tasted categories, member fee – £30 ex VAT
Tasted categories, non member fee – £60 ex VAT